Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Self-indulgent Rant


The lack of motivation is palpable.  Getting down on myself comes so easily.  Far more easily than believing positives.  I feel that there is so much more I could be doing, should be doing, but I don’t do it.  Suck it up.  Right?

I do so much already, though.  So maybe I should cut myself some slack.  But I look at my unfinished school work and at my imperfect body.  I should open my books.  I should put in an exercise video.  Will any of it ever be finished?

I try so hard to be happy with what I have already.  I have a lot.  I have some great friends.  I have an amazing life partner.  I have a roof over my head.  I have a bachelor’s degree and I am working on a master’s.  I have health, mostly.  I have great sex all the time.  I have a good car.  I have a nice wardrobe.  I have.  But I want.  I want smaller pants and better hair.  I want perfect skin and hairless legs.  I want a burgeoning career.  I want universal health care and a promising future for the nation I can’t ever seem to leave.  I worry all the time.  

Sometimes I think I’ve changed so much, grown so much, learned so much.  Then, like now, I think the only thing that has changed is the subject matter of my complaints and worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment